Homemade granola with coconut oil
Granola is so addictive!!! I love it 🙂 I wanted to try to make some myself, to be able to control what I was putting inside. And what I love with homemade granola is that you can vary the ingredients all of the time and add your favorite fresh or dry fruits!!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup hazelnuts, whole
- ½ cup ground almond
- 3 tbsp coconut oil3 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 310°F (155°C).
- Combine oats, almond, salt, and hazelnut in a bowl, stir to combine.
- In a microwavable bowl add honey and coconut oil. Heat for 30s or until coconut oil is dissolved.
- Poor the mixture over the oats/almond/hazelnuts, stir until everything is well coated.
- Place a baking sheet on a baking dish and spread evenly your granola. Bake the granola 35 minutes in total but stir it regularly (every 10 minutes or so) to insure that all the surface of the granola is cooked. The time to bake may vary depending on oven, so keep an eye on it! I may have burnt my first one 😉
- Let the granola cool completely (this is how it will form clusters) and break it into pieces before storing it in a glass jar.