Homemade Guacamole with pine nuts
I always loved guacamole. But homemade! I think I never bought myself guacamole already prepared at the shop…but I tried and I really did not like them… at all! Here is the very basic recipe of guacamole that I love to make. Hope you will like it!
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ shallot (or onion), thinly diced
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, cut in little pieces
- 2 tbsp pine nuts,
- 1 tsp hot pepper flakes (more or less depending on your taste for spicy dishes!)
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 lime or lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients and mix while mashing the avocado with a fork.
If you are bored with "regular" guacamole, you can use sun dried tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes, and basil instead of coriander. I love to add pine nuts to my guacamole, it gives a little crunchy taste. You can toast the pine nuts before it you want, but if you do not have time then you are not obliged 😉