Pie Tomato Mozzarella Basil
In french we would call that a “tarte”, but I guess we could also call that a pizza…whatever you want to call it it’s fine! Cause what is important is that it is very tasty!! and very easy to make 🙂 And it changes a little bit from the traditional salad tomato/mozzarella/basil (which I am a huge fan of!!!).
- 1 pizza crust, or pie crust
- ¼ or ½ can of tomato purée
- 80g of cured ham, or prosciutto, or nothing if you want a meat free dish
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 300g mozzarella, sliced
- 1 bunch of basil
- Seed to decorate, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Dispose the crust on a baking dish, cover with tomato purée.
- Place ham, tomatoes, mozzarella and basil.
- You can add some seeds or whatever you like, plus salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes. At the end of the baking time, there was a lot of water at the bottom of the pie, so I was a bit afraid that the crust did not cook properly. But actually it was perfect!