Spicy marinated octopus
I am obsessed with marinated octopus! But it’s quite pricey to by marinated octopus where I am living 🙁 So I decided to make my own! It is so simple to make and it tastes delicious!!
- About 900g of octopus, fresh or frozen
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups of olive oil
- 3 garlic gloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp (or less!) hot pepper flakes
- If the octopus is fresh remove all the viscera.
- Bring a big pot of salty water to a boil and add the octopus. Cook for about an hour.
- You can remove now the gelatinous dark skin if you wish. Cut the octopus into about 2cm pieces. Put in a jar and add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper flakes.
- Stir everything and let marinate for about an hour before serving. I do prefer to let marinate a couple of days in the fridge.